Find Funding

This section provides information about finding and applying for internal and external funding for academic research. 

Internal Funding provides details about the various types of internal funds, including the Professional Development/Scholarly Activity Pool. Note that forms (application, project change, final report, and request for extension forms) for each of the internal grants may be found here.

External Funding - The embedded video above provides information on the process and opportunities for applying for external funding. It is primarily SSHRC-focused, as a researcher at RRU. 

The Canada Research Continuity Emergency Fund (CRCEF) is a Tri-Agency program that is part of the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan. Royal Roads is undertaking an open call for applications for Stage 3 funding from CRCEF to support research maintenance and ramp-up costs incurred due to COVID-19. For more information regarding RRU’s participation in the program please see

Applications for Stage 3 CRCEF funding can be submitted by core faculty members who hold research funds at Royal Roads University. Applicants must complete the application form and submit to the Office of Research Services ( by 11:59pm on December 3, 2020.

Resources provides information that may be helpful to you as you search and apply for grants appropriate to your research.  Included are the bi-weekly Research e-bulletin, Research Services’ videos about applying for funding, top tips for grant writing from the experts, research process flow charts, etcetera.